For the past decade, Andreas Josenhans has been providing first class sailing management and attention to detail for Chester Race Week. He has worked in management at North Sails for over 25 years, is considered the Swan 45 Class Leader within North Sails, has sailed in most major sailing events across the globe with a variety of teams and was inducted into Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame in 1981.
For Chester Race Week 2016 Andreas has provided a series of 3 very important check lists to keep your boat and skipper and crew in winning form and able to take on the best on the water. During the 2016 Race Week, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings, Andreas will do the ‘talk on the porch’ which is typically a 45 minute session at the Chester Yacht Club covering topics which resonate with entrants and are relevant to the upcoming day’s challenges.
- Register for Chester Race Week 2016 Do it before August 1 and save!
- Have liability insurance of 1 Million
- Get vacation time
- Get crew for delivery + race
- Take sails to North Sails for inspection
- Fresh water wash/dry all spinnakers
- Carefully inspect your halyards for issues
- Tune rig for safety
- Set rig up for best performance
- Have a group crew text list to stay co-ordinated